UNLEASH THE GOSPEL
Archbishop Vigneron's roadmap for the future of the Archdiocese of Detroit
Unleash the Gospel Resources can be found by clicking here. You will be re-directed to the Archdiocese of Detroit.
St. William Parish Unleash the Gospel Session Information
I hope that by browsing this site you will begin to appreciate the dynamism
of our parish community!
It’s always a challenge to keep our Website updated, because our parish continues to
evolve. We have many, many active organizations, and I suspect that there's
something here for everybody, whether you have a special interest in school, religious
education, youth, adult education, Christian Service opportunities and outreach, or
social activities. First and foremost, of course, is prayer and worship.
The parish is located in the heart of Walled Lake, near Pontiac Trail and Maple (15 Mile). Our parish boundaries incorporate approximately 45 square miles, including all of Walled Lake and Wixom-and parts of West Bloomfield, Commerce, and Novi. The parish is comprised of some 2400 registered families.
New members consistently report how welcomed they feel as they join our community. Contact the parish office for registration information. The office phone number is (248) 624-1421. Periodically there are opportunities to register new parishioners after Mass. If you are crabby or have "issues" click here for a listing of neighboring parishes. (..just kidding.)
God bless you!
Rev. Michael G. Savickas Pastor
Suggestion: Look at the readings before listening to the homily. Easy to do by visiting the U.S. Bishops’ website, http://usccb.org. There’s a calendar on the front page. Click on a date and it displays the readings!
THE FISH FRY IS SCHEDULED TO BE OPEN ON FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2018.
ST. WILLIAM DAD'S CLUB LENTEN FISH FRY IS BACK!
The 30th Annual Lenten Fish Fry starts Friday, February 16th and continues through Good Friday.
Dine In or Carry-Out* from 4:00pm to 8:00pm
Senior Early Bird Special - 4:00pm to 5:00pm
(*Carry Out only on Good Friday - 3:00pm to 8:00pm)
Stations of the Cross
Fridays at 7:30pm during Lent
Lenten Prayer Service with Communion
8:00am on Monday & Friday during Lent
Laws of FAST and ABSTINENCE
ABSTINENCE binds ALL who are 14 years of age and older.
Complete abstinence from meat is to be observed on Ash Wednesday, all Fridays of Lent, and Good Friday.
FASTING binds all adults 18 through 59 years of age.
The days of fasting are Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
On the days of fast, one full meal is allowed. Two other small meals sufficient to maintain strength may be taken according to one's needs, but together they should not equal another meal. Eating between meals is not permitted, but liquids, including milk and fruit juice is allowed.
When health or ability to work would be seriously affected, the law does not oblige.
If in doubt concerning fasting/abstinence, contact a parish priest or confessor.
Shelter Week is March 25 through April 1
We still need your help, please sign up if you can donate time to drive or be a host!
Saturdays - 4:30 pm
Sundays - 9:00 am, 11:30 am, and 6:00 pm
Weekdays - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:00 am
Holy Days - 8:00 am, 12 noon, and 7:30 pm
Confession - Saturdays at 3:30
Tuesday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Wednesday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Thursday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Friday 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Submit prayer requests here:
- Rev. Father Michael G. Savickas, Pastor
- Deacon Bob Dreyer, Deacon
- Deacon John Liddle, Deacon
- Deacon Mike McCrandall, Religious Education Director
- Deborah Diviny, Business Manager
- Mary Kay Dreyer, Music Director
- Lisa Geoffrey, Bulletin Editor
- Linda Jackson, School Principal
- Shelli Jump, Christian Services Director
- Nancy Thomas, Director of Initiation
- Karen Trojniak, Youth Minister
To donate to 2017 CSA, click BELOW. The link will take you directly to the CSA donation page at the Archdiocese of Detroit where you can either set up a pledge (you must sign up for a new account) or make a QUICK GIVE for one-time payments to CSA.
FORMED is finally here! What is FORMED? It’s the Catholic “NETFLIX” and more, and we’re making it FREE to all parishioners!
Follow these steps to access tons of online Catholic programs, movies, books, and audiobooks:
- First, visit www.formed.org with a web browser
- Click on Register (lower right of page)
- Enter the Parish Access Code: KNWDRK (Case sensitive)
- Enter your email and create a password (you need this to login later)
- Go to PROGRAMS and watch Episode 1 to experience FORMED
This website is easy to use. We hope that it can help our parish grow in discipleship and in knowledge of our faith.
Readings for the Week of March 18, 2018
- Sunday: Jer 31:31-34 / Ps 51:3-4, 12-13, 14-15 [12a] / Heb 5:7-9 / Jn 12:20-33
- Sunday: Scrutiny: Ez 37:12-14 / Ps 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Rom 8:8-11 / Jn 11:1-45 or 11:3-7, 17, 20-27, 33b-45
- Monday: 2 Sm 7:4-5a, 12-14a, 16 / Ps 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29  / Rom 4:13, 16-18, 22 / Mt 1:16, 18-21, 24a or Lk 2:41-51a
- Tuesday: Nm 21:4-9 / Ps 102:2-3, 16-18, 19-21  / Jn 8:21-30 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Wednesday: Dn 3:14-20, 91-92, 95 / Dn 3: 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 [52b] / Jn 8:31-42 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Thursday: Gn 17:3-9 / Ps 105:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Jn 8:51-59 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Friday: Jer 20:10-13 / Ps 18:2-3a, 3bc-4, 5-6, 7 [cf. 7] / Jn 10:31-42 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Saturday: Ez 37:21-28 / Jer 31:10, 11-12abcd, 13 [cf. 10d] / Jn 11:45-56 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Next Sunday: Mk 11:1-10 or Jn 12:12-16 / Is 50:4-7 / Ps 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24 [2a] / Phil 2:6-11 / Mk 14:1—15:47 or 15:1-39