UNLEASH THE GOSPEL
Archbishop Vigneron's roadmap for the future of the Archdiocese of Detroit
Unleash the Gospel Resources can be found by clicking here. You will be re-directed to the Archdiocese of Detroit.
UNLEASH THE GOSPEL AT ST. WILLIAM - WINTER 2019 SESSIONS
What to expect: Skilled moderators, aided by PowerPoint presentations, will guide you through the 42-page document over a period of two Saturdays (January 19 & 26), from 9–3. Small discussion groups after each segment generate enthusiasm, make the information come alive, and begin to address the challenges. You will not be bored!
TO ENROLL IN JANUARY 2019 SESSIONS, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
I hope that by browsing this site you will begin to appreciate the dynamism
of our parish community!
It’s always a challenge to keep our Website updated, because our parish continues to
evolve. We have many, many active organizations, and I suspect that there's
something here for everybody, whether you have a special interest in school, religious
education, youth, adult education, Christian Service opportunities and outreach, or
social activities. First and foremost, of course, is prayer and worship.
The parish is located in the heart of Walled Lake, near Pontiac Trail and Maple (15 Mile). Our parish boundaries incorporate approximately 45 square miles, including all of Walled Lake and Wixom-and parts of West Bloomfield, Commerce, and Novi. The parish is comprised of some 1900 registered families.
New members consistently report how welcomed they feel as they join our community. Contact the parish office for registration information. The office phone number is (248) 624-1421. Periodically there are opportunities to register new parishioners after Mass.
God bless you!
Rev. Michael G. Savickas Pastor
ST. WILLIAM MARRIAGE APPRECIATION EVENING
Saturday, February 9, 2019
4:30pm to 9:00PM
Register here for this new and fun event!
This event is free and start with a blessing at the 4:30pm Mass. Dinner reception to follow in the Activity Center.
Games, Gifts, Prizes, Photos and a DJ are included!
RSVP is required - please see the link above for full details.
Start your child on an excellent academic path that includes their FAITH!!
SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE
FEBRUARY 3, 2019 FROM 12:30PM TO 3:00PM
All volunteers at the parish and school need to attend the Protecting God's Children program sponsored by the Archdiocese. In addition, volunteers who regularly are entrusted with unsupervised contact with a child, the elderly, or persons with disabilities also are subject criminal history background checks. Background check forms are available at the rectory office.
To sign up or search for an upcoming Protecting God's Children session, please click here.
To donate to 2018 CSA, click BELOW. The link will take you directly to the CSA donation page at the Archdiocese of Detroit where you can either set up a pledge (you must sign up for a new account) or make a QUICK GIVE for one-time payments to CSA.
FORMED is finally here! What is FORMED? It’s the Catholic “NETFLIX” and more, and we’re making it FREE to all parishioners!
Follow these steps to access tons of online Catholic programs, movies, books, and audiobooks:
- First, visit www.formed.org with a web browser
- Click on Register (lower right of page)
- Enter the Parish Access Code: KNWDRK (Case sensitive)
- Enter your email and create a password (you need this to login later)
- Go to PROGRAMS and watch Episode 1 to experience FORMED
This website is easy to use. We hope that it can help our parish grow in discipleship and in knowledge of our faith.
Saturdays - 4:30 pm
Sundays - 9:00 am, 11:30 am, and 6:00 pm
Weekdays - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:00 am
Holy Days - 8:00 am, 12 noon, and 7:30 pm
Confession - Saturdays at 3:30
Tuesday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Wednesday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Thursday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Friday 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Submit prayer requests here:
- Rev. Father Michael G. Savickas, Pastor
- Deacon Bob Dreyer, Deacon
- Deacon John Liddle, Deacon
- Deacon Mike McCrandall, Religious Education Director
- Deborah Diviny, Business Manager
- Mary Kay Dreyer, Music Director
- Lisa Geoffrey, Bulletin Editor
- Linda Jackson, School Principal
- Shelli Jump, Christian Services Director
- Nancy Thomas, Director of Initiation
- Karen Trojniak, Youth Minister
Suggestion: Look at the readings before listening to the homily. Easy to do by visiting the U.S. Bishops’ website, http://usccb.org. There’s a calendar on the front page. Click on a date and it displays the readings!
Father's homilies will be updated in early 2019! Stay tuned!
Readings for the week of January 20, 2019
- Sunday: Is 62:1-5 / Ps 96:1-2, 2-3, 7-8, 9-10  / 1 Cor 12:4-11 / Jn 2:1-11
- Monday: Heb 5:1-10 / Ps 110:1, 2, 3, 4 [4b] / Mk 2:18-22
- Tuesday: Heb 6:10-20 / Ps 111:1-2, 4-5, 9 and 10c  / Mk 2:23-28
- Wednesday: Heb 7:1-3, 15-17 / Ps 110:1, 2, 3, 4 [4b] / Mk 3:1-6
- Thursday: Heb 7:25—8:6 / Ps 40:7-8a, 8b-9, 10, 17 [8a and 9a] / Mk 3:7-12
- Friday: Acts 22:3-16 or Acts 9:1-22 / Ps 117:1bc, 2 [Mk 16:15] / Mk 16:15-18
- Saturday: 2 Tm 1:1-8 or Ti 1:1-5 / Ps 96:1-2a, 2b-3, 7-8a, 10  / Mk 3:20-21
- Next Sunday: Neh 8:2-4a, 5-6, 8-10 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 15 [cf. Jn 6:63c] / 1 Cor 12:12-30 or 1 Cor 12:12-14, 27 / Lk 1:1-4; 4:14-21
- Sunday: 2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Monday: St. Agnes, Virgin & Martyr; Martin Luther King Day
- Tuesday: Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children
- Wednesday: St. Vincent, Deacon & Martyr; St. Marianne Cope, Virgin
- Thursday: St. Francis de Sales, Bishop & Doctor of the Church
- Friday: The Conversion of St. Paul the Apostle
- Saturday: Sts. Timothy and Titus, Bishops
- Next Sunday: 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time