UNLEASH THE GOSPEL
Archbishop Vigneron's roadmap for the future of the Archdiocese of Detroit
Unleash the Gospel Resources can be found by clicking here. You will be re-directed to the Archdiocese of Detroit.
I hope that by browsing this site you will begin to appreciate the dynamism
of our parish community!
It’s always a challenge to keep our Website updated, because our parish continues to
evolve. We have many, many active organizations, and I suspect that there's
something here for everybody, whether you have a special interest in school, religious
education, youth, adult education, Christian Service opportunities and outreach, or
social activities. First and foremost, of course, is prayer and worship.
The parish is located in the heart of Walled Lake, near Pontiac Trail and Maple (15 Mile). Our parish boundaries incorporate approximately 45 square miles, including all of Walled Lake and Wixom-and parts of West Bloomfield, Commerce, and Novi. The parish is comprised of some 1900 registered families.
New members consistently report how welcomed they feel as they join our community. Contact the parish office for registration information. The office phone number is (248) 624-1421. Periodically there are opportunities to register new parishioners after Mass.
God bless you!
Rev. Michael G. Savickas Pastor
FISH FRY IS BACK - MARCH 8, 2019
Shelter Week Sign Up is OPEN!
Shelter Week is April 14 - April 21, 2019
Please use the following link to volunteer or donate food and supplies for our guests!
***see below for Protecting God's Children link
All volunteers at the parish and school need to attend the Protecting God's Children program sponsored by the Archdiocese. In addition, volunteers who regularly are entrusted with unsupervised contact with a child, the elderly, or persons with disabilities also are subject criminal history background checks. Background check forms are available at the rectory office.
To sign up or search for an upcoming Protecting God's Children session, please click here.
To donate to 2018 CSA, click BELOW. The link will take you directly to the CSA donation page at the Archdiocese of Detroit where you can either set up a pledge (you must sign up for a new account) or make a QUICK GIVE for one-time payments to CSA.
FORMED is finally here! What is FORMED? It’s the Catholic “NETFLIX” and more, and we’re making it FREE to all parishioners!
Follow these steps to access tons of online Catholic programs, movies, books, and audiobooks:
- First, visit www.formed.org with a web browser
- Click on Register (lower right of page)
- Enter the Parish Access Code: KNWDRK (Case sensitive)
- Enter your email and create a password (you need this to login later)
- Go to PROGRAMS and watch Episode 1 to experience FORMED
This website is easy to use. We hope that it can help our parish grow in discipleship and in knowledge of our faith.
Saturdays - 4:30 pm
Sundays - 9:00 am, 11:30 am, and 6:00 pm
Weekdays - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:00 am
Holy Days - 8:00 am, 12 noon, and 7:30 pm
Confession - Saturdays at 3:30
Tuesday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Wednesday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Thursday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Friday 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Submit prayer requests here:
- Rev. Father Michael G. Savickas, Pastor
- Deacon Bob Dreyer, Deacon
- Deacon John Liddle, Deacon
- Deacon Mike McCrandall, Religious Education Director
- Deborah Diviny, Business Manager
- Mary Kay Dreyer, Music Director
- Lisa Geoffrey, Bulletin Editor
- Linda Jackson, School Principal
- Shelli Jump, Christian Services Director
- Nancy Thomas, Director of Initiation
- Karen Trojniak, Youth Minister
Suggestion: Look at the readings before listening to the homily. Easy to do by visiting the U.S. Bishops’ website, http://usccb.org. There’s a calendar on the front page. Click on a date and it displays the readings!
Father's homilies will be updated in early 2019! Stay tuned!
Readings for the week of March 24, 2019
- Sunday: Ex 3:1-8a, 13-15 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8, 11 [8a] / 1 Cor 10:1-6, 10-12 / Lk 13:1-9
- Monday: Is 7:10-14; 8:10 / Ps 40:7-8, 8b-9, 10, 11 [8a, 9a] / Heb 10:4-10 / Lk 1:26-38
- Tuesday: Dn 3:25, 34-43 / Ps 25:4-5ab, 6 and 7bc, 8-9 [6a] / Mt 18:21-35
- Wednesday: Dt 4:1, 5-9 / Ps 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20 [12a] / Mt 5:17-19
- Thursday: Jer 7:23-28 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Lk 11:14-23
- Friday: Hos 14:2-10 / Ps 81:6c-8a, 8bc-9, 10-11ab, 14 and 17 [cf. 11 and 9a] / Mk 12:28-34
- Saturday: Hos 6:1-6 / Ps 51:3-4, 18-19, 20-21ab [cf. Hos 6:6] / Lk 18:9-14
- Next Sunday: Jos 5:9a, 10-12 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [9a] / 2 Cor 5:17-21 / Lk 15:1-3, 11-32