St. William Parish
Parish Mission: To live the Good News so joyfully, we can't help but proclaim it!
Parish Goal: To become an Amazing Parish that fosters discipleship and equips disciples to share the Good News.
May 19. 2020 Parish Update
We are resuming public Masses again, but on a limited basis and with strict adherence to appropriate health precautions. There will also be three opportunities to celebrate the Sacrament of Confession prior to Pentecost—again, with strict health protocols in place. To read the pastor’s letter giving you the details about health precautions that you’ll need to know as we slowly begin to resume the Sacramental Life of the Church, CLICK HERE.
The parish offices are still closed as per the Governor's executive order.
We will be monitoring phone messages and emails. You may leave a message on the main phone line (248)624-1421, or email any staff member from the staff list at the bottom of this page.
May 19, 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19) update from the Archdiocese of Detroit:
Please click the link below to watch a video from Father Steve Pullis for guidelines regarding returning to mass:
Prayer resources, mass streaming schedules, and continually updated information is available on the AOD website at www.aod.org/emergencyresponse/.
News and Events
Confessions will be heard this Friday beginning at 11:30 am in the West Tower entrance. Pull up in your car for directions.
Through Faith Direct you can make all of your contributions to St. William Parish via automatic payment from your checking account or credit card – just as you may do now with your mortgage, household bills, and other monthly payments. This is a great way to simplify your giving – and it’s the most cost-effective, environmentally-friendly way for us to receive your gifts.
You may also enroll by TEXTING (248)621-8822 and type the amount you would like to give in the message box.
Faith Direct also has a convenient app that can be added to your phone for free from your app store.
UNLEASH THE GOSPEL
I hope that by browsing this site you will begin to appreciate the dynamism
of our parish community!
It’s always a challenge to keep our Website updated, because our parish continues to
evolve. We have many, many active organizations, and I suspect that there's
something here for everybody, whether you have a special interest in school, religious
education, youth, adult education, Christian Service opportunities and outreach, or
social activities. First and foremost, of course, is prayer and worship.
The parish is located in the heart of Walled Lake, near Pontiac Trail and Maple (15 Mile). Our parish boundaries incorporate approximately 45 square miles, including all of Walled Lake and Wixom-and parts of West Bloomfield, Commerce, and Novi. The parish is comprised of some 1900 registered families.
New members consistently report how welcomed they feel as they join our community. Contact the parish office for registration information. The office phone number is (248) 624-1421. Periodically there are opportunities to register new parishioners after Mass.
God bless you!
Rev. Michael G. Savickas Pastor
To donate to 2019 CSA, click BELOW. The link will take you directly to the CSA donation page at the Archdiocese of Detroit where you can either set up a pledge (you must sign up for a new account) or make a QUICK GIVE for one-time payments to CSA.
FORMED is finally here! What is FORMED? It’s the Catholic “NETFLIX” and more, and we’re making it FREE to all parishioners!
Follow these steps to access tons of online Catholic programs, movies, books, and audiobooks:
- First, visit www.formed.org with a web browser
- Click on Register (lower right of page)
- Enter the Parish Access Code: KNWDRK (Case sensitive)
- Enter your email and create a password (you need this to login later)
- Go to PROGRAMS and watch Episode 1 to experience FORMED
Saturdays - 4:30 pm
Sundays - 10:30 am - also live-streamed
Weekdays - currently not available
Holy Days - 8:00 am, 12 noon, and 7:30 pm
Confession - please see Covid updates (above)
Monday 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Tuesday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Wednesday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Thursday 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Friday 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- Rev. Father Michael G. Savickas, Pastor
- Deacon Bob Dreyer, Deacon
- Deacon John Liddle, Deacon
- Deacon Mike McCrandall, Religious Education Director
- Deborah Diviny, Business Manager
- Bill Richart, Music Director
- Lisa Geoffrey, Bulletin Editor
- Betsy Gabrish, School Principal
- Karen Sommers, Pastoral Associate
- Nancy Thomas, Director of Initiation
- Karen Trojniak, Youth Minister
Readings for the week of August 2, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:1-3 / Ps 145:8-9, 15-16, 17-18 [cf. 16] / Rom 8:35, 37-39 / Mt 14:13-21
- Monday: Jer 28:1-17 / Ps 119:29, 43, 79, 80, 95, 102 [68b] / Mt 14:22-36
- Tuesday: Jer 30:1-2, 12-15, 18-22 / Ps 102:16-18, 19-21, 29 and 22-23  / Mt 14:22-36 or Mt 15:1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Jer 31:1-7 / Jer 31:10, 11-12ab, 13 [cf. 10d] / Mt 15:21-28
- Thursday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a, 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mt 17:1-9
- Friday: Na 2:1, 3; 3:1-3, 6-7 / Dt 32:35cd-36ab, 39abcd, 41 [39c] / Mt 16:24-28
- Saturday: Hb 1:12—2:4 / Ps 9:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [11b] / Mt 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a / Ps 85:9, 10, 11-12, 13-14  / Rom 9:1-5 / Mt 14:22-33